Saturday, July 11, 2009

SEMI-FAIL waffles with banana sauce by Katie

What's the perfect thing to do the morning after a weird friday night??
Blast altgirly country music and make waffles! So I put some Neko Case and Jenny Lewis on repeat and hit the kitchen.

anyways... I made some (fabulous) vegan waffles with banana sauce

Vegan Waffle Recipe:
2 Cups of Flour (I used whole wheat)
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon (or more! it tastes AHMAZING)
2 cups of Vanilla Soy Milk
1/4 cup of Canola oil
Substitute for 2 eggs, I used Ener-G
2 tbs of brown sugar
1 tsp of  vanilla extract (not the fake gross stuff lol)

Mix up the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a BIG bowl
Put the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend till it looks right
Add the two together in the BIG bowl
P.S. it's okay if there are some bubbles and lumps but try to get rid of most of them
Put it in your waffle maker DON'T forget to GREASE the waffle iron (with oil)

Banana Sauce Recipe:
3 Mashed Bananas (i used a fork)
2 Pinches of Brown Sugar
Splash O' Lemon Juice
 
Put it all in a shallow pan and cook it up, it should get more liquidy.


Attempt 1:

turned out nice, a little soft but still yummy!!

Attempt 2:
I forgot to regrease the pan.... OOPS! lol but i got the waffle halves out of the iron and stuffed them with the banana sauce! NEW CREATION: BANANA STUFFED WAFFLES. A fail for me= a win for the vegan waffle community!

Attempt 3: WE HAVE A WINNERRRRR
I didn't have a lot of batter left so these are thin and crispy but I'd have to say I really like them that way. These are a new favorite (even bear wanted some)! I think i'm going to do this again!

2 comments:

  1. Holy shit, Kudos on your first post. That was so good. You're thorough, detailed, hysterical, and relatable! Pictures turned out nicely, and just aaaah


    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete