Sunday, July 19, 2009

Larabar Lunatic

First off, FAT ASS ZUCCHINI FROM THE GARDEN OF PHELPS! Thanks, future family in law (getting a little ahead of myself here...)!


I made unphotogenic:
1. Zucchini noodles swimming in a Creamy Tahini Lemon dressing (reminiscent of Alfredo sauce, I love raw renditions)

2. Zucchini Bread that tasted stellar with soy yogurt + superfruit spread. But all around, something I wouldn't make again because I've just had better and am on a pursuit to find a MOISTER bread recipe. The family liked it though!


Weirdly, this sucker was WAY hard. Like an elongated acorn squash or something. Typically your market variety is alot more tender and well easier to grate and eat raw. Hmmm....
It's like a big smile!


......Now for the point of this post:


Oh Lara, you are so good to me

I go crosseyed for youuuuu

Ever since I 'won' a case full of every flavor of Lara on the market, I've been swoonin. I'm such a nerd, that I saved all the wrappers and paperclipped them together. I just like their color schemes, okay?! Or maybe because their varying aromas still linger within their wrappers.....o_O

Only kidding! I just sniffed one and they smell like nothing!
Also, try thinkFruit, they taste pretty much the same as Lara except with differing flavor combinations (Apple Noni, Cashew Acai, Chocolate Pomegranate, Peanut Goji) and aren't all completely raw. Higher in fiber, lower in protein and calories (blah blah blah who cares about those numbers).

I'm particularly fond of :
Banana Bread (as pictured above)
Key Lime Pie
Lemon Bar
Ginger Snap

I heard those geniuses over at Larabar are creating new flavors such as PBJ, Tropical Tart, and German Chocolate Cake
I must jump on that.

1 comment:

  1. that zucchini is insane. i just ate a bowl of julienned zucchini over pasta, sauteed in olive oil and garlic... perfect summer dish.

    ReplyDelete